Subscribe hereRSS of IELTS-Blog.com via RSS or via email Help

IELTS-Blog

Your best IELTS study partner

IELTS Letter, topic: Leaving your current employment

Hey, you're new here! I love new people, welcome.

You may want to subscribe to IELTS-Blog and get all the updates via email or via RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:

- Explain why you are writing
- Explain why you have decided to leave the company
- Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment

Dear Human Resource,

I am writing this letter in regards of terminating my contract with the organization as a Guest Service Agent. The employment contract has stated a requirement of two weeks’ notice. Therefore, my last day of employment will be on 25th of May 2012.

The decision made was due to personal reasons, as my family and I will be migrating to Singapore. Recently my husband has been offered a managerial position in a five star hotel, which we thought would be a better prospect for his career.

Once my family and I have settled down in Singapore, I plan to look for a “work at home” job. This allows me to have flexibility with my time and would be able to take care of my children too. Leaving the company is a great loss for me as I have learnt a lot and was given opportunities to grow.

Finally, I would like to thank you for the guidance provided during the period of my employment.

Yours sincerely,

Eve

This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.

Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8