You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:
- Explain why you are writing
- Explain why you have decided to leave the company
- Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment
Dear Human Resource,
I am writing this letter in regards of terminating my contract with the organization as a Guest Service Agent. The employment contract has stated a requirement of two weeks’ notice. Therefore, my last day of employment will be on 25th of May 2012.
The decision made was due to personal reasons, as my family and I will be migrating to Singapore. Recently my husband has been offered a managerial position in a five star hotel, which we thought would be a better prospect for his career.
Once my family and I have settled down in Singapore, I plan to look for a “work at home” job. This allows me to have flexibility with my time and would be able to take care of my children too. Leaving the company is a great loss for me as I have learnt a lot and was given opportunities to grow.
Finally, I would like to thank you for the guidance provided during the period of my employment.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- IELTS test in Singapore – January 2014 (General Training) This IELTS exam update from Singapore was share by Y...
- IELTS test in Bangalore, India – October 2013 (General Training) A test taker from India (thanks S!) shared these Writing...
- IELTS test in Singapore – April 2014 (General Training) Thanks to the IELTS test taker S from Singapore we...
- IELTS test in Singapore – July 2013 (Academic Module) Our friends D and C shared the topics from the...
- IELTS test in Singapore and Australia – May 2014 (Academic Module) IELTS test takers from Singapore and Australia shared the following...