You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:
- Explain why you are writing
- Explain why you have decided to leave the company
- Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment
I am writing this letter in terminating my contract with the organization as a Guest Service Agent. The employment contract a requirement of two weeks’ notice. Therefore, my last day of employment will be on 25th of May 2012.
The decision due to personal reasons, as my family and I will be migrating to Singapore. Recently my husband has been offered a managerial position in a hotel, which we thought would be a better prospect for his career.
Once my family and I have settled down in Singapore, I plan to look for a “work at home” job. This me to have flexibility with my time and would be able to take care of my children too. Leaving the company is a great loss for me as I have learnt a lot and was given opportunities to grow.
Finally, I would like to thank you for the guidance provided during the period of my employment.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- IELTS test in Singapore and Australia – March 2015 (General Training) Thanks to K and R who took the IELTS test...
- Writing Task 1 letter – is the order important? Have you ever thought about the order of information in...
- IELTS test in Singapore – August 2015 (Academic Module) Our friend M took the IELTS test in Singapore and...
- Anita’s IELTS tips for Band 8 (working professionals – take notice) Anita Williams is one of our IELTS results competition winners....
- IELTS test in Singapore – August 2014 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Singapore (thanks, E!) shared the...