You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:
- Explain why you are writing
- Explain why you have decided to leave the company
- Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment
Dear Human Resource,
I am writing this letter in regards of terminating my contract with the organization as a Guest Service Agent. The employment contract has stated a requirement of two weeks’ notice. Therefore, my last day of employment will be on 25th of May 2012.
The decision made was due to personal reasons, as my family and I will be migrating to Singapore. Recently my husband has been offered a managerial position in a five star hotel, which we thought would be a better prospect for his career.
Once my family and I have settled down in Singapore, I plan to look for a “work at home” job. This allows me to have flexibility with my time and would be able to take care of my children too. Leaving the company is a great loss for me as I have learnt a lot and was given opportunities to grow.
Finally, I would like to thank you for the guidance provided during the period of my employment.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- IELTS Letter, topic: Get well wishes for a team-mate You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Your friend is coming over to stay with you Your friend is coming over to stay with you. However,...
- IELTS Sample Letters of Band 8 Here you can find IELTS Sample Letters of Band 8,...
- IELTS Report, topic: Bar chart of average house prices You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The...
- IELTS essay, topic: Children should be engaged in paid work, agree or disagree? In many countries children are engaged in different kinds of...