IELTS Letter, topic: Personal, asking for the forgotten file

You stayed at your friends’ house when you participated in a business seminar in Australia. You left a file with important documents in your room. Write a letter to your friend, describing the file and ask him/her to return it to you by post.

My dearest Philip,

I am sorry I am writing only now. Firstly, I would like to thank you for all the attention and support you gave me while I was in Sydney. Things like that are priceless and I feel blessed to have you as my friend. I expect you and Ingrid to come to Rio soon, so that I try to somehow joyful moments as those you to me. I am also writing because of the fact that I forgot a very important document in the room where I stayed at your house.

The document is a signed contract and was the most important reason for my trip to Australia, after the business seminar I attended. You can imagine how desperate I have been in the last days looking for this document in my luggage. I could not find it anywhere and now I am sure I left it in your house.

Please let me know if you find it, and post it with express delivery as soon as possible. I will pay for the expense; just let me know your bank, account and branch numbers.

With best wishes,
Leonardo

propitiate
equally
propitiated
certainly

5 thoughts on “IELTS Letter, topic: Personal, asking for the forgotten file”

1. The letter?s grammar and sequence are really well structured; it?s only more effective to use simpler vocabulary to avoid unnecessary spelling mistakes.
    One more thing, the signature should read ?wishes? not ?whishes?

2. Help me to evaluate my letter, would be very thankful to you.

My dear friend,

Hope you must be fine. I’m very happy that I stayed with you while I was on visit to your city. Unfortunatly, I am writing to tell you that I forget one of my very important file there. The file wrapped in red color folder. There are about fiftenn pages of that file. On the cover you can read in blue color my company name and my name.
    It is very easy to recognize that file.
    The file contain very importatent information. All my business deal have written in that file. Thats why its very important for me. Hence we urgently need that file here.
    One more imortant thing I want to tell you about my file that I saw it last time when I was packing my belonging and it was on the side table of my bed. I hope it must be still there.
    I would be very thankful to you if you send it to me via courier service. As I told you we required the detail of business deal so kindly mail it as soon as possible.

Try to visit me, I would be very happy to see you here.

Yours,
    Noor

3. Hi Noor,
    Here are my comments on your attempt:
    First line- “Hope you must be fine.”
    It is inappropriate to use ‘hope’ with ‘must’.
    “I’m very happy that I stayed with you while I was on visit to your city.”
    There is no need to write “while I was”

“Unfortunatly, I am writing to tell you that I forget one of my very important file there.”
    ‘Unfortunately’ is too negative an expression. Try using something lighter. Also when you use “one of the…” the Noun has to be Plural; so ‘files’ and not ‘file’.

Before I can comment more on your post, just attempt my IELTS practice test in the Multiple Choice Question format and assess yourself on these Basics of Grammar.

4. Help me to assess my writing
    Hi! I hope you are doing well and I am sorry that I am writing only now.
    Firstly, I would like to thank you for the great attention, you gave me during my stay at your house. I feel blessed to have you as my friend and I expect that you and Ingra will come to Rio soon so that I try to somehow propitiate equally joyful moments like those you propitiated to me.
    Secondly, I need your help to find out the file that I forgot in your room. As you are aware of the fact that I am bad on time management, due to this I forgot to take it with me. The file is dark grey and contains all my documents related to the business seminar held in Australia.
    When you find that please post it, to my address through the express parcel and also send me your bank account number so that I can transfer your expenses that incur to parcel my file.
    I hope you will find it soon. Please hug Ray and Chelsea for me. I miss them.
    Yours lovingly,
    Steven