A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening. Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:
- explain the arrangements you have made for them to get keys and enter the house
- tell your relative how to get from the train station to your house
- say when you will be home and suggest what you could do together that evening
How are you? I hope your journey was comfortable. I have an appointment with my dentist at 4 pm today, this is why I will not be at home when you . However, I have left the keys with Mr Sharma at house #14. You can take the keys from him and enter the house. I have made some Chicken Biriyani for you and the guest room upstairs so that you can .
When you arrive, your train will stop at the Central railway station. You need to take the exit towards Roma Street. Once you come out of the station, you need to turn right and walk 100 metres. You will find the bus stop number 58 on the opposite side of the road. You need to catch bus number 333 and at Robertson Stop. My address is: #27,Fleetwood St, Macgregor.
I will be home by 5:30 pm, and so will be Sam and Harry as well. We have planned to watch “The Dark Knight” at home. I will make smoked salmon with chicken salad and we can have some wine with the dinner as well. See you soon.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. The use of vocabulary can be improved. Most of the sentences are error-free with only a few inappropriate words used. Overall, seems good enough for Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- Writing Task 1 letter – is the order important? Have you ever thought about the order of information in...
- A 42 year-old businessman scores Band 7.5 in IELTS after just two weeks of study Today’s post is dedicated to the success story of Manoj...
- Anita’s IELTS tips for Band 8 (working professionals – take notice) Anita Williams is one of our IELTS results competition winners....