You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You recently heard that a player in your team is in a hospital. Write a letter to your team-mate. In your letter:
- Say how you feel about the news
- Ask about the treatment in the hospital
- Suggest some ways of cheering him/her up
I understand that you’re admitted in St. John’s Hospital and will be there for a week. I hope you’re taken care well at the hospital. Although there had been some complaints about St. John’s in the past, I heard they have improved a lot. Did you get to consult their chief orthopaedician? His speciality is in sports medicine and he could probably suggest some specific treatments that will help you.
And let me share some good news with you. Our university has granted a sports scholarship for your studies. I heard it from our coach and you should be getting a letter shortly. So it is not all gloom!
Do let me know if you need any help. I will visit you at the hospital next week. Till then, bye.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. It is best to avoid using contractions (e.g. you’re, we’re) in IELTS letters. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- IELTS Letter, topic: Your friend is coming over to stay with you Your friend is coming over to stay with you. However,...
- IELTS Letter, topic: An explanation for a relative A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Leaving your current employment You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a...
- IELTS Sample Letters of Band 8 Here you can find IELTS Sample Letters of Band 8,...
- IELTS Report, topic: Line graph describing the consumption of fish and meat You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The...