You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You recently heard that a player in your team is in a hospital. Write a letter to your team-mate. In your letter:
- Say how you feel about the news
- Ask about the treatment in the hospital
- Suggest some ways of cheering him/her up
I understand that you’re admitted in St. John’s Hospital and will be there for a week. I hope you’re taken care well at the hospital. Although there had been some complaints about St. John’s in the past, I heard they have improved a lot. Did you get to consult their chief orthopaedician? His speciality is in sports medicine and he could probably suggest some specific treatments that will help you.
And let me share some good news with you. Our university has granted a sports scholarship for your studies. I heard it from our coach and you should be getting a letter shortly. So it is not all gloom!
Do let me know if you need any help. I will visit you at the hospital next week. Till then, bye.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. It is best to avoid using contractions (e.g. you’re, we’re) in IELTS letters. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- IELTS essay, topic: Children these days are suffering from obesity, why and how can it be solved? Modern children are suffering from the diseases that were once...
- IELTS essay, topic: Why do criminals commit another offence after being punished? Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment....
- IELTS essay, topic: Children should be engaged in paid work, agree or disagree? In many countries children are engaged in different kinds of...
- IELTS essay, topic: the development of technology causes traditional skills to die out, agree or disagree? When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and...
- IELTS essay, topic: Public libraries should only provide books, not videos or DVD, agree or disagree? Public libraries should only provide books and should not waste...