You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You recently heard that a player in your team is in a hospital. Write a letter to your team-mate. In your letter:
- Say how you feel about the news
- Ask about the treatment in the hospital
- Suggest some ways of cheering him/her up
I understand that admitted in St. John’s Hospital and will be there for a week. I hope well at the hospital. Although there had been some complaints about St. John’s in the past, I heard they have improved a lot. Did you get to consult their chief orthopaedician? His is in sports medicine and he could probably suggest that will help you.
Do let me know if you need any help. I will visit you at the hospital next week. Till then, bye.
This letter covers the requirements of the task, all the bullet points are addressed sufficiently. The information and ideas are presented logically, and the paragraphing is appropriate. Although there are some instances of poor word choice and grammar, most of the sentences are error-free. It is best to avoid using contractions (e.g. you’re, we’re) in IELTS letters. Overall, seems worthy of Band 8.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- Writing Task 1 letter – is the order important? Have you ever thought about the order of information in...
- Happy Holidays from Simone and IELTS-Blog.com team! This Holiday Season we would like to wish all our...
- IELTS Speaking test in Saudi Arabia – July 2015 Thanks to S who took the IELTS test in Saudi...
- Future doctor shares IELTS preparation tips for Band 8.5 Peter Gbajie is a young man from Nigeria. He took...
- A few suggestions from a Band 8 IELTS scorer Dikshit Soni took the IELTS test for the first time,...