You are not happy with the course you are doing at college and would like to change to a different course. Write a letter to the college director requesting to change your course. You should include details about:
- what course are you doing now
- why you are not satisfied with that course
- what course would you like to change to
Dear Mr. Hodgkins,
I am currently enrolled in an Italian cooking class at St. James and am writing regarding some difficulties I have had this subject for the past two weeks. I would like to know if it is to change my course.
I believe that the last day allowed for students to make any changes was Wednesday 5th June but, . The fact is that, during the enrolment session, no one mentioned that I needed to be literate in Italian, which not. Therefore, you will comprehend that for me, getting an understanding of what the teacher is saying is beyond comprehensible.
I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you and the staff and look forward to hearing from you.
The student’s response covers the task question very well, the sentences have good structure, the level of formality is adequate and the vocabulary is suitable for the purpose. Some expressions would sound better in different wording (see suggestions underlined in blue). Overall, this letter is a very good one, and seems worthy of Band 8.5.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 8
- IELTS test in Singapore – February 2016 (General Training) Our friend J took the IELTS test in Singapore and...
- Writing Task 1 letter – is the order important? Have you ever thought about the order of information in...