Subscribe hereRSS of IELTS-Blog.com via RSS or via email Help

IELTS-Blog

Your best IELTS study partner

IELTS Letter, topic: item left on the bus

Write a letter to a bus company saying you have left something valuable on the bus and tell them what to do if they find it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

The reason I am writing this letter to you is because I have left my bag bus which I took. It was on Tuesday 5th of August at around 3:00pm. The bus station the bus was at Jalan Pinang (bus no 55) and I got at Jalan Tujuan.

I have tried to locate the bus and the driver but was unable too. with some samples of custom-made jewellery of my company. There were 165 of it in the bag. It’s the last set of samples that I have. the samples .

If you have found it could you please call me on 03 5192 6541 or email me at sch@hotmail.com and I will arrange a pick-up from your office.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
S. Chua

This letter needs some work. It covers the task and has the right structure. However the structure of the sentences needs some attention as well as the accuracy of expressions (see comments underlined in blue for more details). Overall, this looks like a Band 6.5 letter.

Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7

on you company’s
Where I boarded
off
The bag I lost was brown
pieces
Without
we have nothing to show to our customers