You rented a car from a Car Rental Company. The air conditioner has stopped working. You phoned the company a week ago but it still has not been repaired.
Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.
I am writing to complain about the air conditioner in my car, which I took on rent from your company for two weeks. Unfortunately, it has stopped working.
I rented Mercedes Benz 8 days ago. My customer number is 1230. Actually, what happened -I was on my way from Jacksonville to Miami, although the atmosphere temperature was cooler, suddenly a sound came from the engine. At first, I thought that the engine belt is broken and I may not be able to drive the car further. However, when I felt no air coming from the air conditioner, I realized it has stopped working.
Naturally, when I got back home I immediately contacted your customer care center and registered my complaint. They issued me a complaint number 234343 and said that they will send a technician at my house within 2 to 3 business days to get it repaired. Almost one week has passed since I called, but still it is not being repaired.
I am not at all satisfied with your customer service. In case you can’t resolve my problem within 2 business days after the receipt of this letter, I want a complete refund of the car rental payment which I made in advance, that is $200.
This is a good letter. It has the right structure, covers the task, the paragraphs are connected together by linking words and the sentences are well-structured. The grammar needs some attention, especially the prepositions and the way you use tenses (see comments underlined in blue). Overall, this looks like a Band 6.5 – 7 letter.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7
- IELTS Letter, topic: A complaint about a purchase made online You have recently ordered an item through the Internet, but...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Get well wishes for a team-mate You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Leaving your current employment You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Telling a friend about a new job Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Explaining to a friend how to look after your house You are going away to travel for the summer. A...