You are organizing an executive event for the company you work for.
Task: Write a letter to the person in charge of a venue that you are considering for the event and ask for detailed information regarding dates, services and costs.
I am writing to ask for information about organizing an executive event at your venue.
My name is Marcio, I work for a multinational company, and we need to prepare an event that will be held on December 17. I would like to obtain the below information :
1. How many people can your club support?
2. What kind of food to you serve?
3. Is there any special service for disabled people?
4. What time can we start the event?
5. Do you have any kind of “animation service” to offer?
6. How much do you charge for your services?
7. Do you offer any transportation?
8. Is there anything else included in your services ?
I need to receive this information before October, because I need to prepare the department in charge of the event and invite the participants. You can send me this information via fax, to the number +55 (21) 3422-9559, or email me at : email@example.com. I am confident that your company will provide us with the best type of service we need, based on abundance of good reviews about your company.
This is a good letter. It covers the task, is correctly structured, and you used the appropriate style and vocabulary. There are some sentences that need a change in structure (see comments underlined in blue) and there are also repetitions of the same word, which should be avoided. Overall, this looks like a Band 6.5 – 7 letter.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7
- IELTS Letter, topic: Leaving your current employment You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a...
- IELTS Letter, topic: A complaint about a purchase made online You have recently ordered an item through the Internet, but...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Booking a hotel room You and your family are planning to spend a weekend...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Your friend is coming over to stay with you Your friend is coming over to stay with you. However,...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Get well wishes for a team-mate You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You...