IELTS Letter, topic: Asking for information about an executive event

You are organizing an executive event for the company you work for.
Task: Write a letter to the person in charge of a venue that you are considering for the event and ask for detailed information regarding dates, services and costs.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to ask for information about organizing an executive event at your venue.

My name is Marcio, I work for a multinational company, and we need to prepare an event that will be held on December 17. I would like to obtain the information :

1. How many people can your club ?
2. What kind of food you serve?
3. Is there any special service ?
4. What time can we start the event?
5. Do you have any kind of “animation service” to offer?
6. How much do you charge for your services?
7. Do you offer any transportation?
8. Is there anything else included in your ?

I to receive this information before October, because I need to prepare the department in charge of the event and invite the participants. You can send me this information via fax, to the number +55 (21) 3422-9559, or email me at : marciomarinho@gmail.com. I am confident that your company will provide us with the best type of service we need, based on abundance of good reviews about your company.

Yours faithfully,
Marcio Marinho

This is a good letter. It covers the task, is correctly structured, and you used the appropriate style and vocabulary. There are some sentences that need a change in structure (see comments underlined in blue) and there are also repetitions of the same word, which should be avoided. Overall, this looks like a Band 6.5 – 7 letter.

Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7

following
contain
do
available for the disabled
the word service repeats too many times – use a synonym
would like

3 thoughts on “IELTS Letter, topic: Asking for information about an executive event”

1. Pingback: IELTS Sample Letters of Band 7 | IELTS-Blog

2. Dear sir,
    I am writing this letter to obtain needed information which will Helpful me to organized an event perfectely.
    I am employee of multinational compny in ludhiana. We will be helding an function on 14 december. Iam helding this event and want some needed information recording cost date services.
    First of all , i want to know about the budget so that i can start preparation according to this like decoration, catering, the number of participiant how will come here?
    Moving further, which type of services? We want to give outsider such as lunch, sort drinks. How much space we required do that i can books suitable place for an event and can arrange stage seeting arrangements.
    I hope, you will rply my queries soonsi i can start my work.
    Yours faithfully,