Subscribe hereRSS of IELTS-Blog.com via RSS or via email Help

IELTS-Blog

Your best IELTS study partner

IELTS Letter, topic: Complaint about a laptop

Hey, you're new here! I love new people, welcome.

You may want to subscribe to IELTS-Blog and get all the updates via email or via RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you to express my dissatisfaction with a laptop computer I bought in your store four days ago.

As soon as I turned on the computer, I realized that Windows operating system was not installed in it, although the offer said it was included. In addition, I chose a gray laptop and the one I received is black. Moreover, the default language of the laptop is Japanesse and I haven’t been able to change it to my native language, which is English. To make matters worse, the memory specifications of this laptop are not the same as the ones that I read in your catalog.

I definitely need this situation to be solved as soon as possible. I made the decision to buy the laptop at your store, because of previous good recommendations some friends of mine gave me about your store. However, after this experience, I feel deceived.

I would like you can send me the laptop I first chose at your store, including all the specifications were shown in the offer. If I don’t get a quick response to my request, I hope a full refund of the payment I already made.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Yours faithfully,

R.

This is a good letter, all it need is a little more attention as there are certain language inaccuracies (see comments underlined in blue). Overall, this looks like a Band 7 letter.

Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7