You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.
I am writing you to express my dissatisfaction with a laptop computer I bought in your store four days ago.
As soon as I turned on the computer, I realized that Windows operating system was not installed in it, although the offer said it was included. In addition, I chose a gray laptop and the one I received is black. Moreover, the default language of the laptop is Japanesse and I haven’t been able to change it to my native language, which is English. To make matters worse, the memory specifications of this laptop are not the same as the ones that I read in your catalog.
I definitely need this situation to be solved as soon as possible. I made the decision to buy the laptop at your store, because of previous good recommendations some friends of mine gave me about your store. However, after this experience, I feel deceived.
I would like you can send me the laptop I first chose at your store, including all the specifications were shown in the offer. If I don’t get a quick response to my request, I hope a full refund of the payment I already made.
Thanks in advance for your response.
This is a good letter, all it need is a little more attention as there are certain language inaccuracies (see comments underlined in blue). Overall, this looks like a Band 7 letter.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7
- IELTS Speaking test in Saudi Arabia – October 2013 Below are the questions that M was asked in the...
- IELTS essay, topic: Public libraries should only provide books, not videos or DVD, agree or disagree? Public libraries should only provide books and should not waste...
- IELTS essay, topic: Children should be engaged in paid work, agree or disagree? In many countries children are engaged in different kinds of...
- IELTS test in India – January 2014 (General Training) An IELTS test taker from India (tnanks, M!) shared this...