You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain the situation
- say what action you would like to company to take.
I am writing you to express my dissatisfaction with a laptop computer I bought in your store four days ago.
As soon as I turned on the computer, I realized that Windows operating system was not installed in it, the offer said it was included. In addition, I chose a gray laptop and the one I received black. Moreover, the default language of the laptop is and I haven’t been able to change it to my native language, which is English. To make matters worse, the memory specifications of this laptop are not the same as the ones that I read in your catalog.
I definitely need this situation to be solved as soon as possible. I made the decision to buy the laptop at your store, because of previous good recommendations some friends of mine gave me about your store. However, after this experience, I feel deceived.
I would like you send me the laptop I first chose at your store, including all the specifications shown in the offer. If I don’t get a quick response to my request, I a full refund of the payment I already made.
Thanks in advance for your response.
This is a good letter, all it need is a little more attention as there are certain language inaccuracies (see comments underlined in blue). Overall, this looks like a Band 7 letter.
Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7
- Writing Task 1 letter – is the order important? Have you ever thought about the order of information in...
- Lynette’s IELTS tips for Band 8 in just 21 days Today’s post is dedicated to Lynette’s success in IELTS. Lynette...
- Four IELTS test takers share tips for Band 7.5 – or higher! You are about to meet 4 IELTS test takers, whose...
- Important news about ‘Target Band 7′ and ‘Ace the IELTS’ books Hello everyone, Simone here, and today I am excited to...
- Anil and Rajinder’s journey to Band 7.5 in IELTS We met Anil and Rajinder through IELTS-Blog when they enrolled...