IELTS essay, topic – People moving into English speaking countries

Millions of people every year move to English- speaking countries such as Australia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college or university. Why do so many people want to study in English? Why is English such an important international language?

Nowadays, language becomes a major factor to . Many people prefer to study abroad English-speaking country because English is an international language. There is no doubt that the best way to improve the English language skill is to use the English language daily so if people study in English speaking countries, their will be improved automatically and it will give them some advantages such as work in many countries or they will be to many different places without studying other languages. This essay will describe in detail why English is an important international language.

Firstly, the English language is widely used in many countries and at present, the world traders are currently developing rapidly. In order to compete with people from different countries, it is to be able to communicate the English language. For example, China has been improving a lot in many sectors. They are able to compete with other countries because many people in China English language and they are trying hard to study English.

Secondly, many companies prefer to employ people who can speak English because if the companies create new in different countries, the employers are able to move the new branch without new people and the branch company is still able to communicate with the central company. In fact, one of the largest companies in the world (Google) has created some in different countries and each of the Google is able to discuss things or otherwise communicate even though they are in different countries because they all use English to communicate.

In conclusion, many people move to English speaking countries for further studies because they believe that it will improve their English skills and in order to become a successful person in the future, mastering English is .

This essay is too long (313 words instead of 250-265). It isn’t a problem on its own, but wasting time on writing more content that you don’t get extra marks for is not wise. Also, the more content you write, the more room for mistakes you create. There are a lot of poorly structured sentences and grammatical errors (see comments underlined in blue). Overall, this looks like a Band 6 – 6.5 essay.

Click here to see more IELTS essays of band 6

that affects personal success
in an
English language
opportunities to
able to travel
This sentence adds no value to your essay, remove it
essential (you cannot say ‘very essential’)
in
are aware of the importance of the
branches
employing
branches
employees
essential (again, you cannot say ‘very essential’)

1 thought on “IELTS essay, topic – People moving into English speaking countries”

1. Pingback: IELTS Essay Samples of Band 6 | IELTS-Blog