The topic below was seen in a General Training IELTS exam in Israel, November 2011.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
Write a letter to a manufacturer to ask them to arrange production of a new item for you. Please say
- What item do you need?
- Why do you need it?
You should write at least 150 words.
To the engineering team at Quanta Manufacturing,
I am writing to you to request the production of a new bicycle chain that fits our Go Cycle model. Allow me to go into a bit of detail regarding the situation on our side.
Basically, we here are Sports World have received numerous customer complaints that the chains on our Go Cycles snap too quickly. As you can imagine, this has done little to support our brand positioning as a supplier of quality mountaineering goods.
After testing the chains, we realized that their defectiveness is due to their being made of subpar steel. Thus from this day forward, we would like you to manufacture Go Cycle chains using the highest grade of steel available to you. We realize this will affect the price and accept any new quotation you provide within reason. Thank you for your understanding.
Your professional partner,
Head of Purchasing
- IELTS Letter, topic: Get well wishes for a team-mate You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You...
- IELTS test in China and Israel – February 2013 (General Training) Our friends who took the IELTS tests in China and...
- IELTS Letter, topic: An explanation for a relative A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Leaving your current employment You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a...
- IELTS Letter, topic: Your friend is coming over to stay with you Your friend is coming over to stay with you. However,...