Every IELTS Reading test, no matter Academic or General has tasks of this kind. Lots of students tell me (and I agree) that this is a very confusing task.
For those who have no idea what I am talking about, I’ll explain – this task has a statement, and your job is to say whether or not it is True, False or Not Given according to the reading passage.
How do you “attack” this question type? First learn the rule:
“Smoking is dangerous and can lead to cancer” – T, F, NG
1) If the text clearly says that “smoking is dangerous and leads to cancer” then the answer is T.
2) If the text says that “No research showed evidence that smoking is dangerous and leads to cancer” then the answer is F.
3) If the text says “The research included smokers of both genders of ages 30 to 45″ and nothing else about smoking – your answer is NG.
Don’t make these mistakes:
- How Monica got two perfect 9′s in Reading and Listening We have a real treat for you today – Monica...
- IELTS Success Formula Challenge Day 3 Welcome to IELTS Success Formula Challenge Day 3. If you’ve...
- Onaburekhan got Band 8.5 without reading any IELTS books, here’s how Today we’re bringing you the story of Onaburekhan, a 33...
- A few practical tips from Wai who scored 7.5 in IELTS Wai Hong Tan is 26 years old; he lives in...