Every IELTS Reading test, no matter Academic or General has tasks of this kind. Lots of students tell me (and I agree) that this is a very confusing task.
For those who have no idea what I am talking about, I’ll explain – this task has a statement, and your job is to say whether or not it is True, False or Not Given according to the reading passage.
How do you “attack” this question type? First learn the rule:
“Smoking is dangerous and can lead to cancer” – T, F, NG
1) If the text clearly says that “smoking is dangerous and leads to cancer” then the answer is T.
2) If the text says that “No research showed evidence that smoking is dangerous and leads to cancer” then the answer is F.
3) If the text says “The research included smokers of both genders of ages 30 to 45″ and nothing else about smoking – your answer is NG.
Don’t make these mistakes:
- How Ayesha got IELTS Band 8.5 without any coaching (preparation tips) Would YOU like to get Band 8.5 in IELTS in...
- Tips for IELTS Band 8 from Akshay Deep (competition winner) Akshay Deep is one of the best scorers in...