Today I’d like to share some unusual kind of tips – short videos with some useful tips for IELTS preparation. These were made by British Council in Sri Lanka and can serve you as both tips and listening practice. I was amazed by the quality and just couldn’t keep them to myself. Enjoy!
IELTS Reading, tip #1
“Looking at the title, the picture and the questions for a passage will prepare you for what you’re going to read.”
IELTS Reading, tip #2
“Don’t waste too much time on one answer. If you find it difficult, continue to the next questions and come back if you have time.”
IELTS Listening, tip #1
“Check your spelling, as you will be penalized for mistakes.”
IELTS Listening, tip #2
“Underlining keywords in the questions will help you focus when you are listening.”
IELTS Writing, tips # 1
“Write the correct amount of words – not too few and not too many. Look at the number in task instructions and count the number of words you’ve written.”
IELTS Writing, tips # 2
“Timing is important – spend 20 minutes on task 1 and 40 minutes on task 2″.
IELTS Speaking, tip #1
“Talk to yourself on a variety of topics, record yourself and listen back to see if you sound interested. To sound interested, practice in stressing the keywords.”
IELTS Speaking, tip #2
“It’s OK to ask the examiner to repeat the question. You won’t lose marks for doing so”.
IELTS Speaking, tip #3
“Watch the tense in the examiner’s question – it will give you an idea what tense to use in your answer.”
Note: the people filmed here are most likely professional actors, but the tips come from real IELTS candidates who achieved high scores.
- Tips for IELTS Band 8 from Akshay Deep (competition winner) Akshay Deep is one of the best scorers in...
- IELTS preparation tips from Sridhar, Band 8.0 achiever Sridhar is an IELTS test taker from Bangalore, India, who...
- How Okata got Band 8 in his first IELTS test Today we are going to share some very practical tips...
- How did this young Indian student get Band 8.5 in IELTS? Today we are happy to share the IELTS tips we...
- Competition winner Ali shares tips for IELTS Band 7.5 Ali is a young man in his 20’s who took...