Two IELTS test takers from Bulgaria and Iran (thanks Z and E!) remembered the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam, which was apparently the same in these two countries:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two plans with students’ common room layout, one of today and another from 5 years ago. We had to compare and describe both plans.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that young generation should follow traditions of their society; others, however, believe that young people should be free to make their own choice as individuals. Discuss both views and your own opinion.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Tell me about your home.
- Would you like to live in a different home in the future? Why?
- Let’s talk about newspapers.
- Is it important for people to be informed?
- What news do they really need?
- Do you work or study?
- What do you study?
- When did you start to study mathematics?
- Is it still important for you? Why?
Describe a successful small business that you know about. Please say
- What business is it?
- Who is running it?
- Why do you think it is successful?
- Is it easy today to run your own business?
- Why or why not?
- What are the important fundamentals of a successful business in your opinion?
- What should a person concentrate on when starting a new business?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a small business?
- What do you think about family business?
- Do you think the Internet is important for business? Why?
- Will it be important in the future?