The IELTS test taker from Sydney, Australia (thank you P!) shared the following questions and topics:
Section 1. A woman was filling out a form for volunteering to do community work.
Section 2. A professor and a student were discussing her dissertation and how to do it better.
Section 3. A talk on how to do a good report.
Section 4. A talk about market research for a certain product and how to improve sales.
Passage 1. A description of various tour options.
Questions: matching headings to paragraphs.
Passage 2. A description of conditions and time for night shift workers.
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 3. About tree houses.
Questions: filling in blanks, information matching (titles to authors).
Passage 4. Car hire facilities in the UK.
Questions: True/False/Not Given.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter of complaint to the manager of an online shopping site about a few products that you bought and aren’t happy with. In your letter
- Give details of your order.
- Explain about the problem with the products.
- Say what you want the manager to do about it.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it a good or bad thing? What is your own opinion? Give examples to support your view.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
- Do you like your home?
- What will your future house look like?
- What public transport do you usually use?
- Why do you use it?
- Do you think people should use public transport more?
- What would you do to improve Sydney’s public transport?
- Do you think public transportation is expensive in your city?
- What time of the day do you like the most? Why?
- What you do in that time?
- How is your day’s structure different now compared to the past?
Describe an advertisement which made you buy a certain product. Please say
- What was the product?
- What was shown in that advertisement?
- What did you like about the advertisement/product? Why?
- Why was the product important to you?
- Do you think advertisements influence people’s choice for products?
- Who is showing advertisements in your country?
- Other than food and clothing, what products are advertised there?
- What do you think about showing or mentioning children in advertisements?
- Is it a negative thing?
- What are the other means of advertisement in your country?
- What is the most effective media in your view?
- Do you think a lot of advertising is harmful?