A test taker from Australia (thanks, H!) remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently purchased a piece of furniture, but you noticed a problem when it was delivered to you. Write a letter to the store manager and say
– What is the problem?
– How did it happen in your opinion?
– What do you suggest the manager should do to resolve the problem?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that no one should be allowed to continue working after the age of 65. However, others say there shouldn’t be a limitation on age and anyone should be allowed to work regardless of their age. Discuss both views, give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for work?
– Why did you choose to do it?
Talk about a job that you would like to do. Please say
– What job is it?
– How did you find out about it?
– What are the skills you should have to do this job?
– What kind of jobs children would like to do in their future?
– Why do they want to do this kind of jobs?
– Do you think money is the only important thing when considering a job?
– Do you think colleagues at your work place affect your work?
– Do you think it is in human nature to conceal personal shortcomings?