Our friend A took the IELTS test in Australia and remembered the Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are arranging a conference for your company next month. Write a letter to your colleagues from a different department and invite them to attend it. In your letter say
- What is the conference about?
- Why do you want them to attend the event?
- Provide some information on the arrangement of the conference.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some believe that more academic subjects such as chemistry, physics and history should be taught in schools, while others believe that students will derive more benefit from studying practical subjects, such as motor mechanics and cooking. Discuss both views and provide your own opinion with relevant examples.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What subject are you studying?
- Why do you think people choose such a subject in your country?
- Do you like reading books?
- What type of books do you read?
- Are you reading a book presently?
- Would you like to write a book in the future?
Talk about an instance when you spoke with someone in a foreign language for the first time. Please say
- When was it?
- With whom did you speak and what language?
- How did you feel about it?
- How can learning a foreign language benefit us? Why?
- At what age did you start to learn English? Why?
- When is the best time to learn a foreign language?
- What is the best way to learn a foreign language?