Two recent IELTS test takers (thanks, L and J!) shared the following information about their seemingly identical exams in Australia and Malaysia:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to request a reservation of the apartment that you rented during your last vacation. Please say
- What did you like about the apartment?
- What weren’t you happy with?
- Provide your date of arrival and length of stay.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people prefer to shop in large supermarkets rather than nearby local shops. Why do you think this happens? Is this a positive or a negative trend? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What do you do?
- Where do you live now?
- Is it a house or an apartment?
- Which room in your house do you like the most? Why?
- Why do you think some people are vegetarians?
- Do you like to read?
- Do you read books in English?
- How often do you do it?
Talk about a song that reminds you of a particular time in the past. Please say
- What song is it?
- Who is the singer?
- What does it remind you of?
- Let’s talk about music.
- Why aren’t some local singers as successful as the overseas ones?
- Do you think that language of the song matters?
- Do you think the Internet affects the music industry? Why?