An IELTS test taker from Nigeria shared the following details about his recent exam:
Section 1. A phone conversation regarding hotel reservation.
Section 2. A conversation about bee research in Australia by two researchers.
Section 3. The need for ICT integration for teaching among university lecturers.
Passage 1. About a revolution in marketing approach.
Passage 2. About the revolution in Africa.
Questions: match headings to paragraphs.
Passage 3. About the American sign language (ASL).
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing the enrollment percentages of female and male students in part-time and full-time programs in an Australian university.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that when children under 18 are committing a crime they should be punished, while others believe they should be educated. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- Describe the city you presently live in.
- How effective is the public transport in the city?
- What is the difference in public transport in this city and other cities you visited?
- Do you have flowers in your house?
- Why do people plant flowers?
- Have you cared for a personal flower?
- Do people value flowers in your country?
- Do you read newspapers or magazines?
- Why do you read newspapers?
- When was the last time you bought a newspaper?
Describe a public place in your country. Please say
- why people go there
- who usually goes there, and
- what is so interesting about this place.
- Should there be rules for public places? Why?
- What happens if there are no public places in a city?
- Why would the government want to build public places?
- What challenges would it face most likely?
- Do you think newspapers will not be in existence in the next fifty years? Why?