Thanks to IELTS test takers from Saudi Arabia and Oman (well done, L and M!) we can share the topics from the recent IELTS exam in these two countries:
Section 1. A phone call from a customer who bought a vacuum cleaner and had a problem with it.
Section 2. Students talked about a course on Japanese culture including food, clothing and temperature that they intended to take.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About plants and their defense systems.
Passage 2. About printing press development and books after the 14th century.
Passage 3. About sports in the UK and the USA from the beginning of the 20th century to year 2000.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a chart showing male and female, full and part time undergraduates in the UK in 1980, 1990 and 2005. We had to compare the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that public libraries should be free, otherwise they are just a waste of money, especially because modern technologies and the internet allow easy access to resources. Discuss and give your point of view.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What do you do?
- Do you like your job? Why?
- Do you like shoes?
- Do you prefer comfortable shoes or fashionable ones?
- Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?
Talk about traffic jams. Please say
- When did you experience a traffic jam?
- What did you do?
- How did you feel after that?
- What caused that traffic jam?
- Do you think governments should tax more big cars owners?
- Do you think it might solve the problem?
- What would you suggest to solve the problem?
- Is there any relationship between traffic jams and pollution?