IELTS test takers D and S from Australia shared the topics they remembered from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph comparing percentages of tourists using different types of transport to travel within a particular country from 1999 to 2009 (tourists can use more than 1 type of transport).
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries, the quality of life in the large cities is worsening. What possibly can cause this problem? What measures can be taken to resolve it?
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- Where do you live at the moment?
- Is it a house or an apartment?
- What is your favorite room? Why?
- Do you plan to move to another place? Why?
- Do you communicate via letters or emails?
- Do you receive letters often?
- How many do you get?
- What kind of letters are these?
- Do you prefer to send letters or emails? Why?
Talk about a place where people go to listen to music. Please say:
- Where is this place?
- What kind of people go there?
- What music is played there?
- What new technologies are used in the music industry?
- Do you think we need to pay to download music? Why?
- Do you think new technologies influence music these days? How?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of these technologies?